The CD52 “Bandit” UL/CSA variant is a non-intrusive pig detector and signaler which can detect both permanent magnets and active transmitters from speeds as low as 0.022 mph (0.01m/s) to 45.73 mph (20 m/s). It is UL/CSA rated Class 1 Division 1 explosion-proof.
- Non-intrusive to the pipeline
- UL/CSA rated Class 1 Division 1 explosion-proof
- Designed for direct burial, permanent installation (armored flex cable available)
- Bi-directional pig detection
- Dry-contact relay closure may be wired either Normally Open or Normally Closed
- Detection of both transmitter and permanent magnet equipped pipeline pigs
- Automatic retention of the 10 most recent pig passage times and dates
- Powered for one full year with two D-Cell alkaline batteries or permanently powered with 24VDC
- Attaches to pipelines from 2″ to 60″
- Works with wall thicknesses of up to 1.5 inches [38mm] (please consult with CDI when W.T. greater than 1″ [25.4mm] for magnet & transmitter placement and strength)
The CD52 Bandit allows safe, simple and reliable non-intrusive detection of pig passages anywhere within your pipeline network. Simply strap the CD52 onto a pipeline and it immediately begins scanning for both transmitter and permanent magnet equipped pig passages.
When pig passages occur their times and dates are displayed along with a flashing “Recent Passage” message. If multiple pig passages occur, simply scroll back through the passage memory and retrieve the time and date of any one of the last 10 passages.
In addition to visual indications, the CD52 Bandit initiates a dry contact relay closure; this relay can support an electrical connection of 120VAC to 1A or 30VDC to 3A.
An optional 316 stainless steel sunshade is a recommended option to increase heat shedding in deserts and other areas with high levels of heat and direct sunlight.
Detection Type: Magnetic, Non-Intrusive, Bi-Directional
Devices Detected: CD52 Pig-Mounted Trip Magnets, EM Transmitters
Passage Visual Indicator: LCD flashes for one hour after passage, holds steady for 11 hours, auto-resets after 12 hours
Passage Indication Outputs: Isolated dry-contact relay closure and 4-20mA output
Detection Speed: 0.01 m/s to 20 m/s
Battery Options Temp. Ranges:
• Alkaline: D-Cells (non-rechargeable, -20°C to +54°C)
• Lithium: D-Cell (non-rechargeable, -40°C to +70°C)
• NiMH: D-Cells (rechargeable, -20°C to +64°C)
• Lithium-Ion: Custom Pack (rechargeable, -40°C to +80°C)
External Power Temp. Range: 24VDC: Line-In (-50°C to +80°C)
• Base System: 0.67 Watts
• Heater Option: 0.67 Watts (12 Watts Intermittent)
• RIS Option: 0.67 Watts (1.0 Watts Intermittent)
• CDI recommends Heater Modules when systems are installed in locations which may experience temperatures below -30°C.
• Heat Risers are required when product temperature is greater than 80°C to avoid possible damage to antennas.
• LineStat satellite notification system operational temperature range is -40°C to 80°C.
Enclosure: Powder coated copper-free aluminum
Window: Tempered Glass
• UL/CSA Standard C22.2 No. 30
• Class 1 Division 1 explosion-proof
Line Sizes: 6 inch to 60 inch [152mm to 1524mm]
Pipe Wall Thickness: Up to 1.5″ [38.1mm]
Note: For pipeline wall thickness greater than 1″ please consult CDI for optimum deployment options.
Pipe Mounting Assembly: Aluminum (316 Stainless Steel optional)
Banding and Buckles: 201 Stainless Steel (316 Stainless Steel optional)
Contact Closure: Electrically Isolated, Double Pole – Double Throw
Contact Closure Current Capacity: 2 Amps at 30 Volts DC
Total Passage Count: 10 (first-in, first-out)
Stored Passage Information: Time and date of passages
Design Life: 30 years
Storage Life: 30 years
Warranty Period: One (1) Year
Certs, Drawings & Docs
CD52 Bandit Manual UL/CSA