The CD52 “Bandit” 316 stainless steel ATEX variant is a non-intrusive pig detector and signaler which can detect both permanent magnets and active transmitters from speeds as low as 0.022 mph (0.01m/s) to 45.73 mph (20 m/s). It is ATEX rated to category II 2G Ex d mb IIB T5 Gb.
- Non-intrusive to the pipeline
- Fully 316 stainless steel on all external surfaces
- ATEX rated for Zone 1 for hazardous location to Category II 2G Ex d mb IIB T5 Gb
- Designed for direct burial, permanent installation (armored flex cable available)
- Bi-directional pig detection
- Dry-contact relay closure may be wired either Normally Open or Normally Closed
- Detection of both transmitter and permanent magnet equipped pipeline pigs
- Automatic retention of the 10 most recent pig passage times and dates
- Powered for one full year with two D-Cell alkaline batteries or permanently powered with 24VDC
- Attaches to pipelines from 2″ to 60″
- Works with wall thicknesses of up to 1.5 inches [38mm] (please consult with CDI when W.T. greater than 1″ [25.4mm] for magnet & transmitter placement and strength)
The CD52 Bandit allows safe, simple and reliable non-intrusive detection of pig passages anywhere within your pipeline network. Simply strap the CD52 onto a pipeline and it immediately begins scanning for both transmitter and permanent magnet equipped pig passages.
When pig passages occur their times and dates are displayed along with a flashing “Recent Passage” message. If multiple pig passages occur, simply scroll back through the passage memory and retrieve the time and date of any one of the last 10 passages.
In addition to visual indications, the CD52 Bandit initiates a dry contact relay closure; this relay can support an electrical connection of 120VAC to 1A or 30VDC to 3A.
An optional 316 stainless steel sunshade is a recommended option to increase heat shedding in deserts and other areas with high levels of heat and direct sunlight.